Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Instructions for my white chocolate wrap!


I was asked several times if I could post instructions for this design, so here they are!
I am going to give you instructions for a normal wrap and then explain adjustments for the white wedding wrap.. Bake and frost your cake as normal and then set aside (I chill mine). Cut strip of acetate paper to the height you want and make sure it is long enough to go around the cake with a little overlap. Melt your chocolate (guittard or other high quality chocolate) slowly and stir to make sure it is melted completely. Then pour and spread over strip of acetate. You don't want it so thick that it is goopy but you don't want to see through to the acetate either. It doesn't matter if it goes over the edges. Before it starts to set completely carefully pick up top two corners. I let the middle of the acetate strip set on the cake board right up next to the cake and then wrap one side around and then the other. Don't smooth the sides as this will make your wrap wavy. Let set up in fridge and then gently pull the acetate away from the chocolate. To do the layered look I do one normal wrap around the cake. Once that is set I cut pieces of acetate in the shape of different sized peaks. I repeat the normal process with the peak shaped pieces of acetate, make sure to place them randomly in different sizes. Also make sure they have enough time to set up or they don't look smooth when you pull the acetate away. I hope that made sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Guitar Cuppie

Guitar Cuppie
I love how this turned out. I think I am in love with cupcakes!

Ghostbuster Cuppies

Ghostbuster Cuppies

Purse Cuppie

Purse Cuppie