Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

My blog is for cake but I was just given a new recipe from my friend Jenny for pie crust and I think it is the easiest and tastiest crust I have ever had! I made a couple of changes and now I am completely in love!
FYI- before this recipe I was pastry crust challenged- very embarrassing for a baker. If you struggle with pie crust this recipe is for you!

2 Crust Pie Recipe
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cold water

Combine in large bowl flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix and then remove 1/2 cup of flour mixture to small bowl and set aside for later. Cut in shortening and butter(I prefer to use my hands on this step) just until it resembles coarse crumbs. Pour water into flour mixture in small bowl, mix until combined and not lumpy. Then pour into large bowl and mix together until it forms a loose ball.
Turn out on to floured counter and gently knead once or twice and then roll to your desired size. Trim edges and bake empty at 350 for 12 minutes or fill and bake according to your recipe.
Hope you like this recipe- I love it!!!

Today I filled mine with a pumpkin pie recipe, last night I filled one with apples and made an upside caramel apple pie- yum! I also baked a pie crust today and made my first french silk pie. I am very excited to taste it!
HAPPY BAKING!!!

No comments:

Guitar Cuppie

Guitar Cuppie
I love how this turned out. I think I am in love with cupcakes!

Ghostbuster Cuppies

Ghostbuster Cuppies

Purse Cuppie

Purse Cuppie